We’re on a mission to solve the world’s waste problem.
We help brands unlock the potential in their untapped products
Most brands overlook the value of returned and damaged goods. Debrand unlocks the potential in the products that come back—or never left the distribution center to begin with.
By establishing next-life logistics processes for products that brands no longer have use for, we help recapture value and give their goods a second—or third—lease on life.
Find the worth in waste
We got our start in our hometown of Vancouver, showing local companies a better solution for their excess branded gear than the landfill—or “brandfill,” as we called it. Then we kept thinking bigger—what if we could shift mindsets so every brand sees waste as an opportunity instead of a burden?
Our commitment to challenging conventional ways of thinking and asking big questions resonated with leading brands across North America. Today, we support over 50 household names, along with emerging brands, through our approach to next-life logistics.
Vetted and time-tested partnerships
With consumer expectations and regulations changing by the minute, we put you on the right track. We’ve done the heavy lifting, building trusted relationships with industry leaders in apparel and footwear resale, donation, repair, recycling and responsible disposal, and vetting them through years of trials, pilots and close partnership.
How we can help
From consolidation to circulation—we’ll take care of every step to give your goods a new lease on life.Learn more
From repair and resale to responsible disposal, we’ll work with our established network of solutions partners to recommend the next-best life solution for your business.Learn more
Solving the world’s waste problem won’t happen overnight, but we’ve made big strides over the last 15 years.
Debrand is founded in Vancouver, BC.
The Vancouver Olympics highlights a dramatic, increased need for reuse and recycling solutions.
Debrand is voted one of BC Business’ Top Innovators.
ReitenRight, Debrand’s sister company, launches a recycling solution that transforms yoga mats into equestrian footing.
Debrand is a recipient of the Women’s Entrepreneurship Fund.
Debrand expands its offering to include value-add services—like sorting and grading for reuse and advanced recycling trials.
Debrand launches in the US and begins offering sorting and grading services at two US-based facilities.
Debrand receives strategic investment from WM to better position the business for expansive growth.
Debrand relocates their HQ to a new 21,000 ft² facility in Surrey, BC.
Swipe to explore
Our leadership team
CEO & Co-founder
Co-Founder & SVP of Strategic Initiatives
VP of Growth
VP of Sustainability & Solutions
Our team is dedicated to safeguarding our planet around the clock, both from home and at the office. Sound like you? Explore our current job opportunities below. No opportunities listed? Get in touch here and we will keep you in mind for the next one.
Sustainability Intern – Hybrid / Full Time
Debrand is seeking a Sustainability Intern with an aptitude for brief writing, data reporting, and solving complex problems with limited oversight. You will work with our Sustainability & Solutions team to support Debrand’s business operations in accordance with long-term goals and the needs of our business partners.
• Support in the writing of end of project briefs / reports with greenhouse gas emission avoided
• Present research and results of tasks to management and other interested parties
• Research industry best practices and LCA’s for impacts from textile manufacturing and different disposal methods / solutions that we offer
• Support the team with creating graphs and visual representations to be used in presentations and/or reports internally or externally
• Execute and maintain sustainability benchmarking exercise; gathering externally available data, creating MS PowerPoint and/or MS Excel based summaries, and present to leadership on findings
• Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings
• Support customer-facing teams with customer presentations and engagement on sustainability
• Efficient time management with emails and project meetings, including using Outlook, Teams, Asana and attending weekly 1:1 meeting with supervisor
• Perform other relevant duties and administrative support as needed
• Support the development and maintenance of tools for measuring sustainability improvements versus company objectives and goals
• Create resources and content that raise the sustainability IQ of the organization
Skills & Qualifications
• Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a Bachelor’s program in Business, Environmental Business, or a related field
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills essential
• Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office
• Strong research, writing, and communication skills
• Detail-oriented and able to multitask effectively
• Demonstrates strong interest in environmental and social sustainability
• Familiarity with life cycle analysis and other sustainability metrics
• Team-player with a positive attitude, willingness to go above and beyond, and ability to thrive in a global environment
• Views challenging situations as opportunities
• Must be able to work in Canada
What We Offer
• Competitive Compensation – We are committed to supporting the financial security and well-being of our employees. The salary range for this particular role is $45K-$55K.
• Work-Life Balance – We promote a healthy work-life balance by offering flexible work arrangements, such as hybrid work options and flexible hours for select positions, to accommodate your personal needs and responsibilities.
• A fast-paced environment in a growing company that is at the forefront of solving the global textile waste problem. We have fun, work hard, and feel good about the purpose that we bring to work every day. You’ll get to work with a passionate and talented team who are dedicated to doing the right thing — even when it’s not easy. We stand strong as a voice for change in the fashion industry and our dedication to preserving our planet extends beyond office hours. We uphold the same passion and values in our personal lives — from the local businesses we support to the environmental causes that we proudly advocate for. We celebrate daily ripples of excellence because solving the world’s waste problem won’t happen overnight. We incite change through small, intentional steps that add to something big — and are dedicated to leaving a lasting legacy for the planet and generations to come.
At Debrand, we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive and empowering for every employee. We are an equal-opportunity employer and make employment decisions based on merit. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Interested in this opportunity? Please email your Cover letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Join our team today!
Get in touch
Let’s sort out your path to sustainability.
Get in touch with a member of our team today.